Cheating in Chain of Command is defined as the intentional use of a glitch to advantage yourself, or disadvantage another player. The following rules are designed to help clarify some of the more common issues with cheating. Please note, the list is not all inclusive, and in situations not mentioned, moderators have the ability to exercise their post as they see fit.
1) No walking through walls or laying in the walls. If you get stunned in a wall, you should put hold fire on that guy until you are either killed or you can get out. DO NOT lay in the wall still and fire at or nade the enemy. *If you kill enemy soldiers while in the wall, you are required to sacrifice one of your soldiers for each enemy soldier killed.
2) No duplicating weps.
3) You may not use a glitch to unstun your man after being naded.
4) No using a warp to your advantage. If you get caught in one by accident, just hit down then get up and continue on your route.
5) Don't steal weps from ghosts in the dz.
6) Speed crawling or walking is not allowed.
7) Players are not permitted to purposefully die on the flag, thereby preventing the VPs from changing.
8) It is not permiscible to purposefully steal VPs through the walls of buildings.
9) Players may NOT remove another player's wounded from DZ after they have been rescued.
10) Regiments may not play against themselves in Regiment Playoff rooms.
11) Players may not attempt to modify the game client in any way.
12) Players may not reset the rooms, kick other players, or perform ANY other action reserved for mods.
PUNISHMENT FOR CHEATING
1. Cheating rampages result in an automatic BAN
2. First-time offenders will receive a warning. If the offender continues to perform cheats during the game, moderators will boot at their discretion.
3. Attacking moderators after being warned is grounds for being booted/banned from the game.
4. If a player is booted twice in one day, the player will be banned on the third instance.
5. Players who repeated cheat multiple times a week will be court marshalled by the moderator staff. In such instances, the moderators will determine whether a ban is warranted for each player's action.
1. Players who purposefully die on the flag will be automatically booted so the flag can be switched to the proper team.
2. Players who attempt to move another's wounded will be warned. If they do not return the bodies to the dz, they will be booted and/or banned.
CONDUCT IN GAME AND ON FORUMS
1) Message flooding/scrolling the chat windows in game is not allowed.
2) Harrassment or insulting to the extreme (Flaming) of any player or moderator is not allowed on both the forum and in game.
3) Posing as a member of staff will result in a ban.
4) Any player arguing with a moderator will be kicked and/or banned.
5) Players may not speak in the game or on the forum about how to cheat. If such a converstaion ensues, the associated players will be banned.
6) Spamming advertisements on the forum or in game will result in a kick/ban.
7) DZ sitting is only allowed if the player is protecting an objective by doing so. Moderators will judge incorrect conduct in the dz. Mods also will determine punishment for breaking this rule.
8) Regiments may not ban game staff from their main regiment forum. Doing so prevents communication between staff and regiment members. If a regiment prevents staff from participating in the main forum, the regiment may be disbanned.
9) Any talk about hacking the server will result in a permenant ban.
PUNISHMENT FOR BAD CONDUCT
Punishments for bad conduct will result in one the following:
2. Kick from the game
3. Temporary ban of the players name and associated IP address(es) from the forum, game, or both.
4. Permenant ban of the players name and associated IP address(es) from the forum, game, or both.